The most common method available to foreign investors setting up in Qatar is to operate under a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
Currently, the law states that most* Limited Liability Companies must have one or more local Qatari partner(s). The local shareholders are required to possess a minimum of 50% shareholding in the LLC.
When you partner with us, PRO Partner Group becomes the Qatari corporate partner in the LLC, taking away the pressure of finding a trustworthy local sponsor.
*Certain activities such as manpower supply are an exception to this rule, as they can only be completed by 100% locally owned entities.
More Information about LLCís:
- In order to operate as an LLC, a minimum share capital of QR 200,000 must be available
- Unlike a branch office, an LLC can carry out an unlimited number of contracts simultaneously
- It is mandatory for an LLC to have a suitable office space prior to obtaining a Trade License
- Net profits of 10% for each year must be kept within the company, until the reserves stand at 50% of the share capital
- The profit share for the company does not need to reflect that of the shareholding
Advantages of Partnering with PRO Partner Group:
- As your service provider, we will use our experience to handle all the necessary paperwork to establish your business in a timely manner. This includes applying for visas, licenses, obtaining labour quotas, translation services and assisting with the opening of corporate bank accounts
- We allow the General Manager to manage the daily operations of your company, without interference.
- Through our corporate office, you will have access to ongoing services and around the clock support
- We offer networking opportunities with key local contacts and government departments
QFC – 100% Foreign owned companies
QFC Has recently opened its doors to more “non-regulated” companies, allowing them to establish as a 100% foreign owned company. The QFC now offers not only an alternative to having a local Qatari partner but it also offers a simple and affordable alternative.
There are 6 new categories, which can establish under the QFC. One of those is “the business of providing professional services including but not limited to audit, accounting, tax, consulting and legal services”.
QFC have been “broadening its interpretation” of “professional services”. Last March QFC approved a list of 17 additional activities, which can be included, which are:
- Information technology consultancy activities
- Advertising agencies
- Architectural activities
- Engineering design activities for industrial process and production
- Engineering related scientific and technical consulting activities
- Environmental consulting activities
- Media representation services
- Translation and interpretation activities
- Urban planning and landscape architectural activities
- Logistics Planning and Consulting
- Project Management
- Marketing and Brand management
- Specialised design activities
- Event management services
- Estate planning and will writing
- Activities of patent and copyright agents: other legal activities not elsewhere classified
However these 17 additional activities are not exclusive in that basically QFC will consider any “professional service” – anything qualified as business to business it sees as falling within the category and potentially permissible. What the QFC will not consider as a non-regulated activity is construction, manufacturing, import/sale of goods or labour intensive services.
If you are looking to establish a Limited Liability Company in Qatar, we would recommend having a free consultation with us to discuss your options. For further information please click here www.vpqatar.com or call us on +974 4478 8765 (Qatar), +971 (0)4 456 1761 (Dubai)